The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Running on the Sun

I watched a great movie last night called Running on the Sun about the Badwater 135. A 135-mile running race from Badwater in the middle of the California desert up to Mount Whitney (Amy has already told me there is absolutely no way I'm doing this race!).

There are plenty of inspirational stories, sad stories and stories that make you say WTF! But I laughed outloud at the quote below. It was said by Ephraim Romesberg, 68, at the 65 mile mark of the race.

"When I start these events with very loft goals, like I think I'm going to do something special and after a point of body deterioration the goals get evaluated down. I always get to a point, which is basically where I am now, where the best I can hope for is to avoid throwing up on my shoes"

This is a great documentary that I would recommend to any endurance athlete.

No comments: