The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Race day tomorrow

The Pumpkinman is tomorrow and I'm feeling really good. I calculated out what I think my time will be - around 1:20. If I can stick to that, based on last year's times, I should finish pretty high up in my age group and even on the overall.

The former hurricane Hanna is charging up the coast but it looks like the race will be happen before it moves in. Temps look like they'll be in the upper 60's to low 70's and cloudy - should be perfect for racing. It's a club race for GSTC so there should be a good contingency there.

No comments: