The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wet shoes

I did my long run on Sunday...in the rain. 18 miles is 2:45. I wasn't really happy with the overall time but my soggy feet started to hurt about halfway through and about two miles of trail running I did during the run was a little slick. Both of those slowed me down a little so I'm still confident that I'll be able to crack the 4-hour mark in three weeks.

My shoes were soaked after Sunday's run, and were still soaked when I put them on today. I had a one hour run on the schedule with 2 x 6 minute hill repeats. The legs were pretty sore starting out but loosened up after a good warm up.

I'm going back to Master's to swim tonight after having to miss last week and then a double run session on tap for tomorrow including a 10-mile run tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: