The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Monday, September 22, 2008

LSD

I did my first long slow distance in a while on Sunday. It was 15 miles and as luck would have it the bike ride I did with Connor earlier this week was 7.6 miles and included about 2 miles on trails in College Woods.

Suzan wanted me to keep my HR between 130 and 145 which frankly is higher than I've done my long runs in the past. They have probably been closer to 125 - 135 but then again my long runs have averaged around 9 - 9:15 minute miles. My run on Sunday averaged an 8:39/mile. The speed work I've been doing must be paying off!

My legs felt pretty beat up but I'm still running on my old shoes. Hopefully the new ones will be in today. I'm still waiting on my order from Runner's Alley.

With Sunday's run my week stood at 10 1/2 hours of training, including 3000 yards of swimming, 36 miles of biking and just over 48 miles of running. There haven't been many weeks when my run mileage has been higher than my bike mileage!

No comments: