The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dang it's cold out

I did a 90 minute ride this morning followed by a 30 minute run.  When I checked weather.com last night it said that it would be in the 40's around 6:30 this morning, which is when I was planning to leave.  I didn't get out until 7 and thankfully I checked the temp.  It was 33!  So, I went back upstairs and put my winter riding gear and headed out for my ride.

It didn't end up being that bad. I had booties, hat, two pairs of gloves and three layers on top. So that is probably why.  By the time I left for the run, it was in the mid 40's, sunny and comfortable.  Tomorrow is the first long run in a while - 15 miles. I'm planning on 2 - 7 1/2 mile loops with an opportunity to get water after lap 1.  Temp is supposed to be in the high 40's/low 50's so it should be a comfortable workout.

No comments: