The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Friday, September 26, 2008

10 miles

Funny story from this morning's 10 mile run. Suzan wanted me to incorporate 2 x 1 mile @ 7:20. I was apparently half asleep when I checked the details of the workout this morning and thought it said 2 x 1 mile @ 7:00. On top of that, I've gotten pretty good at judging my pace when I'm on a track, but being on the road and not the track I had a hard time judging my effort. I ended up at 6:50 and 6:25 for my mile times and didn't realize my error until I went to log my training into Training Peaks?!

On the plus side, I did 10 miles in 1:24 which is an 8:23 mile. Suzan's plan is definitely helping both my speed and endurance.

No comments: