The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Recovery week

I've been out of the blogging loop for a while now, but for good reasons. I've had a great stretch of training for the past three weeks. I've done 12, 10 and 13 hours for the past three weeks so needless to say I haven't had enough time to do much other than work and train.

What has helped significantly with fitting all the trainings in is that my son has been at camp for the past two weeks leaving me a little extra time. Though I'm really glad to have him home!

This week is a recovery week with two full days off and only 8 hours scheduled.

I've exchanged e-mails with the Executive Director for Bretton Woods Adaptive and I'm planning on heading up there in September to coordinate plans for fundraising for the Janus Charity Challenge. She seemed really willing to work with me so I'm looking forward to meeting up with her.

No comments: