The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wiped out

I had a great week of training last week. I fit all my workouts in despite having to shuffle things around because of the constant thunderstorms throughout the week.

The way I was forced to shuffle them around I ended up with a double session on Friday that consisted of a long swim workout in the morning followed by a difficult brick workout afterwork. The next morning was a 12 mile run followed by a 2000 yard swim. Sunday was the annual GSTC ride around Lake Winnipausaukee which is a 62 mile hilly course that kicked my butt.

Thankfully, Monday was a day off before getting back to the routine on Tuesday. I hadn't fully recovered by Tuesday. I did an hour run that felt like it was two. My legs felt like cement and I realized then that I probably shouldn't have crammed all those workouts in last weekend.

I felt better at Masters swimming on Tuesday night but lesson was learned on re-scheduling workouts too close together.

No comments: