The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Stage 10

I haven't written about it much here but I'm a huge Tour de France fan. I haven't missed a stage yet, thanks to Tivo and yesterday was an awesome stage!

With all the doping controversy around this year's tour, the exclusion of Team Astana, including two of the three podium finishers from last year, and the race format changes, I wasn't sure if I would really get into this year's tour. I was wrong.

I think the lack of time bonuses and the opening prologue has actually made it more exciting as up until yesterday, all the favorites, and surprise leaders were within a couple of minutes of eachother.

Today is a rest day for the tour so my son will be happy he can have the TV back for one night. We leave for Lake Placid this Friday and while I'm really looking forward to going, I'm a little bummed out I'm going to miss a couple of mountain stages on Saturday and Sunday.

Monday is sign up day for Ironman Lake Placid 2009! I get the chills thinking about it but the plan is to be there bright and early to sign up!

No comments: