The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm in!

I arrived to the registration area at about 6:30 for a 9am registration time. I still had just under 1,000 people in front of me. I waited in line for 2 1/2 hours and the sign up process took about two minutes, literally. I looked at my watch when I walked out of the registration tent and it was 9:02 AM.

There are four other members from GSTC who are also doing the race so I'm looking forward to plenty of training partners over the next year and hopefully a few training weekends in Lake Placid.


I volunteered again this year which was my third year doing so. This year carried an extra bonus - a separate line for race registration. Thank goodness, the race sold out that morning and there weren't any online slots available. By the look of the line I was in I wouldn't be surprised if there were people onsite who didn't get in.
I'll also be using the Janus Charity Challenge as a fundraiser for Bretton Woods Adaptive. More on that in another post.

No comments: