The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Nice day off

As much as I enjoy swimming, biking and running, it was really nice to have a day off yesterday. With Connor home from camp it was nice to be able to see Connor for as much as possible last night. We watched the Olympics for a while and saw the US Men win the 4 x 100 relay by 8 1/100th of a second! It was great to see him so excited about it. How could anyone not be excited after watching that race!

Masters swimming tonight and an easy one hour ride tomorrow morning make the beginning of this week pretty low key.

I'm 99% committed to doing a fall marathon. I thought it would be a good challenge to the end of the season and set me up nicely to starti Ironman training this fall. There is a small one in mid-October called the Green Mountain Marathon, in where elses...Vermont. All I need to do is sign up, and it is only $22! I've paid more than that for a 5K.

No comments: