The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hint of fall

Fall is my favorite season. Even though the official start of fall is over a month away it felt like a preview of it on my ride this morning. The temp was in the low 50's and after weeks of mostly rain there were no clouds in the sky which made for a beautiful sunrise. I actually had to dig out the armwarmers this morning.

The training plan for the day was an easy one hour ride which allowed me to enjoy the crisp weather and sunrise.

The cell phone photo doesn't nearly do it justice but I thought this shot over the old greenhouses in Madbury was worth stopping for mid-ride.

I can't wait for more early morning fall rides once the foliage starts to turn.

No comments: