The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Not eating enough?

I'm glad this is a recovery week. I'm not sure if it is allergies or an actual cold but the last few days I've had a tickle in my throat and today my nose is really stuff.

I'm a little concerned that I haven't been eating like I should. The type of calories I've been taking in has been good overall but I've been at a net daily deficit of about 1,000 calories for the past week. I would like to drop a few pounds to improve my power to weight ratio to improve my bike and run times, but I probably need to make a concerted effort to be more like 200 - 300 down a day, net, instead of 1,000.

No comments: