The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bah Harbah

I had a great weekend. Amy and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary and used a generous gift to go to Bar Harbor for the weekend. After the horrible weather we've had this summer, we weren't sure what to expect but it turned out to be beautiful. Dry, sunny, low humidity and a beautiful resort.

We went up on Friday and that morning I did a swim at the outdoor pool in Dover. We wanted to get an early start so I got to the pool for their opening at 6AM. The outside temp was in the 50's and it was a clear morning. It made for a great sunrise with a mist on the water while I was getting my swim workout in.

Saturday morning I took advantage of the carriage roads in Acadia National Park and did an 11 mile run on them. It was very nice to run on crushed gravel all morning with no cars and only cyclists and runners. I felt great afterwards. Amy and I actually went out for about 1 1/2 hours on the mountain bikes later that morning.

Sunday I had a 1 1/2 hour bike on the training schedule. Again, I took advantage of the carriage roads and ended up staying out for 2 1/2 hours (which included probably about a 1/2 hour of picture taking and stopping to check out the views).

I actually laid by the pool for a couple of afternoons also, which I normally do not like to do, I get too restless. But I think with all of the training I ended up doing, it was good for my body to just take it easy.

Another benefit....I was able to enjoy a lot of great food without having to worry about the caloric intake!

No comments: