The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday brick

I had a ride on Saturday. The forecast was cloudy and rainy all day. I put off what I figured would be another day on the indoor trainer but as the day progressed the sun came out and temps climbed to 60 degrees. So, I headed out for about 90 minutes on the bike and followed it up with a 15 minute run.

Not trusting the good weather I still brought a long sleeve jersey which ended up being a mistake. I was way too warm. I was smart enough to wear bike shorts so overall I was still comfortable. For the run I changed into a short sleeve short and I think it was the first time in several months I've been able to run outside with both shorts and a short sleeve shirt.

The ride was on the challenging side. I stayed off the coast so the terrain was rolling. It was the first rolling terrain I had been on this year but only my third ride outside so far. I felt good and was able to stay in my aerobars for most of the rollers. The forecast for the week is good so I hope to get outside on the bike a couple of times.

No comments: