The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Trainer time

I decided to take Friday off from a workout. I did two workouts on Thursday and then didn't feel tired once I got home and ended up going to be around 11. Sleeping in until 6 Friday morning felt nice.

I went a little overboard on the calorie intake yesterday, but it was worth it. My family rarely gets a time to eat at the same time at the dinner table. Last night we were able to do just that and for occasion I picked up pasta from one of our favorite local companies, Terracotta pasta. After a generous serving of pasta, a few slices of fresh bread with olive oil dip, topped off by a small bowl of ice cream, I'm sure I was over on my calories for the day. Particularly with no workout yesterday. Normally I'm keeping track of everything I eat on Training Peaks to make sure my calorie and macronutrient propotions are OK. I logged my intake yesterday, right up until Dinner, after which I figured I would not worry about it for the night.

We received several inches of snow yesterday and last night so rather than do a run I decided to do a good 90 minute session on the trainer. Netflix made the boredom of the trainer bearable from a good quality movie call "I Now Pronouce You Chuck & Larry" with Adam Sandler. Not the best storyline but it helped to pass the time.

The plan for tomorrow is to do a long run. I'm hoping to catch up with a friend from the GSTC. It's always more enjoyable doing a long Sunday run with a buddy.

No comments: