The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Snowy run

Today I got outside for a 70 minute run. It started to snow just before I left. I've always enjoyed running in the snow and rain. There is something that motivates me by getting out when most other people would hang up their shoes and call the training off for the day.

I didn't get out until the afternoon. I wasn't able to eat beforehand so I shot a shot of hammer gel before I headed out. One mistake I made was not to have water afterwards. My stomach didn't feel all that great for the first 30 minutes or so and I had to run through some cramps. But after a while they subsides and I was able to finish strong.

No comments: