The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Good week

Even though I've been remiss in updating the blog, it doesn't mean that I haven't been training. I've had a good consistent week so far.

Sunday consisted of a great 1 hour run along the coast with Paul & Kate. There is always good conversation with them making the run that much better. It was at a good easy pace, the sky was incredibly clear and I could see the Isle of Shoals clearer than I ever have.

I took Monday off and followed that with a run on Tuesday morning. I had to get to the office early so I kept it to a short and quick 4 miles. This morning I hit the trainer (because it snowed again!) and finished a fine cinematic presentation of "I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry". I don't think it received any awards at the Oscars last weekend ;)

It looks like a little more snow again tonight. I probably could run but I get nervous that on the roads that I run I'll get clipped by a plow truck that doesn't see me even though I have lights and reflective layers on. That means I'll probably hit the trainer again and also try to get to Dover Masters tomorrow night.

No comments: