The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Turned the corner

I'd have to say that over the last week and a half I've turned the corner from sporadic winter workouts to regular pre-season training. Even though I'm not starting my official base work until Feburary 1st, I've gotten into a nice routine of getting to bed relatively early and up a little before 5 to get a workout in.

After doing the Manchester marathon in November I've worked out when I got around to it. But, there were plenty of mornings when hitting the snooze button too many times meant I had to get to work and no time to work out.

I think the first race of the year is going to be the Big Lake 1/2 Marathon in May. There is usually a good contingent from GSTC that does the race which makes it fun. I know of at least one co-worker who is also doing the race. Big Lake will be a good test of fitness before the first Tri of the year, Mooseman in early June

I may do a 5 or 10k prior to that but we'll have to see how the spring shapes up.

No comments: