The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

1-26-08

I did a little over a six mile run today. While I usually run in the morning, I had a late night on Thursday and got up to ride the trainer early on Friday. So I was pretty wiped out this morning and decided to run in the afternoon.

Running in the afternoon has never been all that great for me. I usually don't feel like I have the energy like I do in the morning. Most of the time I'll skip lunch so I don't eat too close to an afternoon run. But, I don't know why I bother, because it seems like almost any afternoon run I do doesn't feel great.

Today I felt gassy for the whole run and stopped several times to, well, you know.

I'm excited for the GSTC training tomorrow. On the schedule is a 2-hour swim session that will include an underwater video analysis, very cool. The club is then coming over to our house to watch the videos and have a little breakfast. It will be good times.

No comments: