The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tough weekend

It's been a while since my last post, I hope to have my Mooseman Race Report up soon.

This weekend I struggled. Amy had surgery on Friday and while everything went well in terms of the result, it was still a surgery and the recovery will take several days. As a result I've been picking up all of the household duties this weekend with the help of Connor and Skip.

I was able to get a ride in yesterday. I was out for just about four hours, down to the Massachusetts border and back. It was a windy day, which made Route 1A a blessing on the way south with a tail wind and a curse on the way back with the wind in my face. It was the longest ride of the year and I definitely had some ups and downs.

The plan was to run today and swim also. I got the swim in but had to move the run until tomorrow morning. I had a lot of errands to do today between grocery shopping, buying clothes for Connor for my brothers wedding next weekend and keeping up with the house. I decided to get some things done around the house this morning and then get the training in this afternoon.

I was reminded of how much my eating schedule is determined by the training schedule. Because I decided to not trainin in the morning, I decided to have an actual breakfast, which included a rare cup of coffee. Bad idea. By the time I went to the pool around 11, my energy level had spiked and plummeted. I had 2,500 yards straight swim on the schedule and I struggled after the first 500. Because I was so wiped after that I decided to put my run off until tomorrow morning.

We'll see how that goes given the Celtics are playing tonight starting at 9 PM!

No comments: