The Journey

The journey is more important than the destination.

Several years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would do the Fairlee Triathlon in Vermont. After training for three months, feeling like I was going to drown in the swim, feeling nauseus on the run, I crossed the finished line and was hooked.This led to my triathlon journey.

Please consider supporting my latest effort to raise money for Bretton Woods Adaptive through the Janus Charity Challenge at Ironman Lake Placid this July. Check out the Links I Like section of the blog or explore the BWA Fundraiser links.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Equipment and lines of credit

It's been over a month since I gotten a run in because of the "rib incident". I love to go out and run early on holidays, so this morning I decided to test out the healing and go out for a while.  Formal Ironman training starts in a little over a week and I'm antsy to begin to a regular training schedule again.

It was an unusually warm morning with an air temp of 40 degrees but with a pretty strong wind.  I was able to wear shorts!  Haven't done that on a Christmas day run in a while.

I was only about out for about 40 minutes and usually no matter the distance I run my mind will wonder across several subjects. I imaging lots of triathletes experience the same thing.  This morning was different, all I could think about was equipment and lines of credit?!  I tried moving my head to other subjects but to no avail...I had a completely one track line of thinking. To give some perspective, I work for an equipment and business finance company, could that be why? 

The rib felt good so I'll probably try again tomorrow. It will be interesting to if my mind can move on to any other subjects...

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to Ma.gnoliaAdd to TechnoratiAdd to FurlAdd to Newsvine

No comments: